While really appealing, books, youtube, bee clubs & seminars are a bit romantic as they’re not in your hive with you when you are, and when you need them. After 25 years i believe that bees can teach you far more than humans can.
For beginers its about gaining full confidence…. so that you/family/pets neighbors arent stung, or so that you dont accidently weaken or kill the hive.
And we often get calls from newer beekeepers who just need a little help to get over a hurdle. Issues have included:
- managing an aggressive hive
- moving hive from one part of your home to another, or to another location due to unhappy neighbor/partner
- transferring a hive from inside a tree or inside a wall into your flowhive
- picking up and removing a neglected or decomposing hive, or getting it into shape for your own hive
- splitting a hive
- urgently get this hive off my property!!!